Conditions for persons entering Viet Nam for 7-day concentrated quarantine
08/06/2021, 06:25 PM
1. On August 4, 2021, the Ministry of Health issues the Official Dispatch No.6288/BYT-MT, regarding shortening of the duration of concentrated medical quarantine of persons who already get two COVID-19 vaccination shots upon entry into Vietnam.
According to this document, persons entering Vietnam are medically quarantined in 07 days and required to self-monitor their health in the next 7 days if they fully meet the following conditions:
- Having negative SARS-CoV-2 test results (RT-PCR/RT-LAMP test method) within 72 hours before departure and receiving certificates of these results by competent agencies of testing countries.
- Taking full-dose shots of COVID-19 vaccines (the last shot is got within at least 14 days and not more than 12 months by the time of entry) and holding certificates of vaccination;
Or being infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the past (holding certificates of positive results of SAR-COV-2 test by the RT-PCR method of single sample which are not longer than 6 months by the time of entry) and having certificates of recovery from COVID-19 disease or equivalent documents evidencing recovery from the disease issued by competent agencies of curing countries.
(Aforesaid conditions are not applied to persons entering Vietnam to work for shorter than 14 days and other cases requiring medical quarantine upon entry as prescribed in other regulations of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 disease prevention and control of the Ministry of Health).
2. In order the COVID-19 Vaccination Report Card and the Certificate of Recovery from COVID-19 to be recognized and allowed to be used in Viet Nam, the Consulate will:
- ISSUE the COMFIRMATION (valid until the date of expiry of the COVID-19 Vaccination Report Card)
Documents to be submitted to the Consulate: (1) COVID-19 Vaccination Report Cardand the Certificate of Recovery from COVID-19 from a foreign country; (2) A copy of a valid Passport.
Notice: Applicant has been full vaccinated
against COVID-19, in which the last dose is given within at least 14 days and
not more than 12 months by the time of entry.
- OR carry out consular legalization procedures, as the following link
Please do not hesitate to contact the Consulate of Viet Nam in New York for more information:
●10:00 to 17:00, every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
● 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 435, New York, NY 10017
- Working time during Tet holiday 2021
- The Consulate closes 2021
- Working time in the last two weeks of December 2020
- KHUYẾN CÁO CỦA LÃNH SỰ QUÁN VIỆT NAM TẠI NEW YORK
- THÔNG BÁO CỦA LÃNH SỰ QUÁN VIỆT NAM TẠI NEW YORK
- GIẤY XÁC NHẬN CỦA LÃNH SỰ QUÁN DÙNG ĐỂ LÊN MÁY BAY VÀ NHẬP CẢNH VIỆT NAM
- HOTLINE TO PROTECT VIETNAMESE CITIZENS
- The Consulate closes